about

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Guest Post I wrote for themumsyblog :)

My name is Brittany Powell 
and I am a married 
mother of a two year old boy. 
When Michelle and Natashia asked me to write a guest post, I was
delighted, but nervous. I think I've always felt overweight
and insecure. Losing weight is HARD. One of my favorite quotes is, 

"We either make ourselves miserable, 
or we make ourselves strong. 
The amount of work is the same."  
HOW TRUE THAT IS!  I don't know about you, but I
can spend a day feeling bad about myself, my food choices, being lazy… 

Or, I can spend a day putting GOOD foods into my body, moving, and feeling GOOD.

My hope has always been that I can inspire
someone so much that they can say, 

"Because of you I didn't give up."

I think for me, losing weight was just the tip of the iceberg.I don't know if anyone can really embark on a weightloss or fitness journey and still stay the same.  It's from the inside out, your own personal health is an overall thing.  It all started from a remark I received from an acquaintance, she had told me I needed to be careful kneeling since i was pregnant, when I WAS NOT PREGNANT!  Then, shortly after that incident, a co-worker at work had said something to the effect of, "Oh that stocky girl?".  They were talking about me.  That made me think. I knew I had a weight problem, I knew I needed to be healthier, eat less junk, and think happier thoughts. I was tired of being tired, tired of not liking what I saw in the mirror, tired of being insecure (which by the way has NOTHING to do with weight)! So one day, I just decided I wasn't going to be this anymore. I was going to change for ME; to become someone I love! To become someone I love, because I loved myself enough to TRY. It is, however, the act of doing it that determines the difference between who you are, and who you want to become.




I really had no clue where to start, so I did some research. I read running magazines, looked at pinterest for healthy recipes, and I turned to Youtube videos for help and inspiration.  I loved watching videos of others on their weight loss journeys and talking about it, or just giving motivational pep talks. I now have a Youtube channel myself, and my own weight loss video with over 100,000 views. I finally made my health and fitness a priority.  I literally had to tell myself, "I don't care how long this takes, I don't care if I'm 80 years old and still working at this I WILL do this because it matters to me!".  There is strength in the struggle, people!  It's crazy to me to think how different I am now from the woman I was. Sometimes I still feel like the "old" me, or let some of my past thinking patterns creep in; but I've ran two half marathons, I've lost 80 pounds, I am doing a body beast strength training program, and I'm a health coach, ME!

Being a health coach has given me a team to be accountable to, and without my team and challenge groups I know I would've slipped back into my old ways. If you're like me and NEED that support, accountability, and motivation DAILY, then please, feel free to contact me! I know how hard losing weight is, I would love, and want to help empower others. If you want to live this lifestyle forever, don't look for the finish line, run this race with a smile and you'll never stop winning!

XOXO,
Brittany Powell


Check out the mumsy blog, it is full of amazing, wonderful things, I promise! 
themumsyblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment