about

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Post Thanksgiving Food Coma

   Hey Everyone! I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I had a great time with my family and ate a lot of good food. Too much, in fact! Which is why I am writing this post. 
I think this picture says it all! Haha. I've been feeling really bloated and uncomfortable from over-indulging since Turkey Day, and I am now on a mission to get back to my routine and feeling better. My work outs have been consistent and good the only thing that is lacking right now has been my nutrition! Which is a pretty crucial thing when it comes to overall well-being.

 I really love pie. Like alot.... So much so, that post-thanksgiving,  I had it for breakfast, and then again for dessert that night! Now even though it was fun indulging... I'm now experiencing the consequences, not just in how I look but in how I feel too. Because it really is a two-sided thing. I think sugar cravings will always be a struggle for me. I told my husband that I honestly would be happy just eating desserts for Thanksgiving! But I need to get out of this slump and back into my groove and into a healthy, happy, positive place. 
So for the next few weeks, until Christmas, I am going to do my best to nourish my mind and body in a healthy and positive way. I think this time of year, our bodies will naturally become depressed...and because of this we may tend to over eat or eat for emotional reasons. I wish I wasn't an emotional eater but I am...and I am always curious to learn the habits of people who are not! So here are some habits I am going to be adopting for these next few weeks:

1. embrace personal responsibility instead of blaming other people or factors.
2. patience... stop feeling the need for instant gratification.
3. consistency instead of 'only when Im motivated' to do something.
4. diligence and a desire to understand what I am doing, and why.
5. self-awareness.
6. self-love and positive thinking.


I always feel better writing things out. I feel like now that I've put it all out there, it's more real. That because I took the time to type this out, my brain will remember it and my body will too. This healthy living and weight loss stuff is as hard or as easy as I choose to make it. And I think....no, I know that I have been overcomplicating things in my life lately. I want to be the happiest, healthiest "best-est" (haha) me, and I feel this way when I am healthy...inside and out. Xoxo,
Brittany Marie Powell

****And By The Way****

 I thought it'd be a fun to get together a Christmas nutrition and fitness motivation group! The holidays are especially tough to stay on track, so I want to invite anyone who could use a little boost in finding balance for a healthier lifestyle. It's totally free to join, and it will be held here on Facebook. Let's help lift eachother up and give ourselves the gift of health for Christmas! :-)

facebook.com/brittanymariepowell

No comments:

Post a Comment