about

Saturday, December 6, 2014

13 Virtues


So, I am reading this book and it's talking about Benjamin Franklin and a list he made to take control of his life and set a higher standard for himself. He made a list of 13 Virtues that he wanted to follow daily, for the rest of his life. Sort of like a daily self improvement check list. He would write down all twelve states in his journal and made a grid for each day of the month, "Every time I violate any one of these virtues," "I will put a small black dot next to that value for that day. My goal is to have no black dots on my chart. Then I will know I am truly living these virtues." 

I really liked this idea and decided that I wanted to do this myself. 

So here's my list, for myself:

  1. Cheerful
  2. Passionate
  3. Balanced
  4. Courageous
  5. Active
  6. Happy
  7. Loving
  8. Faithful
  9. Dedicated
  10. Ambitious
  11. Strong
  12. Thankful
  13. Open-Minded
That list took me a while to come up with hah! I even thought about this while I worked out too. Some of these are going to be harder for me than others. But I know that by doing this, and seeing these through it will help me be able to grow. I think it's very easy to get caught up in life, never stopping to see the good in it; or even really think to focus on self improvement. I think that when we take the time to work on ourself, we help better those around us as well. 

And this is totally un-related to this post but super cute, Grayson's FIRST hot chocolate!! Don't worry it wasn't to hot, it was more like luke-warm-hot-chocolate. But he was so happy, and cute. I love seeing him experience things. 
Xoxo,
Brittany Marie Powell


What is something you would put on your List?
What's your favorite Holiday/Seasonal Treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment